Pages

Thursday 9 May 2013

Scarlett the Sass Master

Hey guys!

So something happened this afternoon that I couldn't not blog about, and it made me realise how much I am, in fact, the queen of sass.

So, we were playing this weird bingo game in German, when the teacher looks over towards me, my best friend and the two girls in front of us, and says something like "Well, were not getting much of an effort from this area of the room."

No, actually, she said to the whole class that some people weren't putting in much effort, and then pointed to us and said "Especially this area."

So me, being the sass master and all (and having already put my hand up and answered twice. Not once, TWICE) then said "But Miss, Ive already answer twice!"

Okay, is it just me, or was that a completely normal and called for comment? I generally have  this problem where I let people push me around, and don't stick up for myself nearly as much as I should do. This is mostly with teachers though, so I decided that I was going to stick up for myself more. But I still don't think that was such a bad comment, do you?

Well, apparently she did, because she started having a right go at me, and shouting at me and everything. She started saying that she knew that I had answered and she wasn't talking about me (even though she  pointed RIGHT AT ME) and started saying how inappropriate it was for me to just shout at her like that. She also said that it was very inappropriate for me to just interrupt her and start shouting at her.

I have a couple of points to make thus far.

Point A) I didn't interrupt her, she was quite clearly finished. She then talked for about ten minutes about how she wasn't finished, she was just about to say that I wasn't included in this. Even though she pointed right at me and was quite clearly finished.

Point B) I didn't shout at her, I talked to her. It was a calm comment, I wasn't even angry when I said it.

Point C) I think she really heavily overreacted to this. It was just a comment,, and I didn't get up and scream in her face or anything, and she made it sound like Id just killed five small children.

Then she started going on at me to apologise. This is where you might want to not be on my side anymore.


She asked to apologise but I wouldn't because I didn't do anything wrong, and if anything she should apologise to me. This went on for about another ten minutes, before she sat down at her desk, without saying anything, and then didn't move for ten minutes. I think she was waiting for an apology, but she wasn't getting one, so that was a waste of time.

This is when people in the class started taking sides. Some people were saying they were on my side, some people were saying they weren't, some people weren't taking sides and some just didn't care.

She then left the room, and after twenty minutes of us doing nothing, she comes back in, tells us to pack up our things and go stand outside.

OK, lets stop and do some math here.
First 10 minutes of the lesson were spent doing lesson activities. Fine.
The next 15-20 minutes were spent by her shouting at me.
The next 10-15 minutes were spent by her doing nothing, and then she told us to get outside.
So, at least half this lesson is gone already.

Great teaching.

After we had gone outside, she put us in a new seating plan, in register order. My best friend, who now sits halfway across the room from me, is looking at me and she does not look happy about this new seating plan which is supposedly "my fault." I'm not sure how my overwhelming sass made her change the seating plan, but it did.And I wasn't even being sassy!

Anyway, we now start doing things again, but after about five minutes she stops and starts talking about last lesson. Now, I wasn't their last lesson, due to a dentist appointment I may or may not do a separate blog post about, but I manage to pick up that all they learnt was how to say "That is my favourite activity" and something about combining topics.

She then asks the whole class "Who can remember what we did last lesson?" and three people put there hands up. Since neither me, nor my two best friends were there last lesson, we were just looking at each other like ???????????

She then spent about twenty minutes giving us a humongous lecture about how appalling that was, and then she said "If you think I'm a bad teacher, you should just stand up and say so."

Don't panic, I didn't. But I immediately turned round to look at my friends, who gave me a killer look and mouthed "Please don't." in such an intimidating way. It kind of terrified me.

Anyway, then she starts picking on the girl next to me (who was one of the girls who was sat in front of me before) and saying that she didn't do enough work and never tried. Just as I was about to jump in and defend her like the protector of justice that I am, she started picking on me, saying that whenever she tried to do anything, people just started shouting at her and interrupting her and not letting her finish.

At this point, one of my best friends (the one sat diagonally in front of me) started silently - but hysterical- laughing. Seriously. Like, if ROFL was an actual action, that would be the only way I could describe this. So it took everything I had in me to not burst out into fits of laughter, keep a straight face and just listen to what she was saying. So thanks B, you made that nice and easy for me.

Well then the bell went, so we literally spent the whole lesson doing nothing. Great. Some might ague that was my fault, but, if I could relive it, I wouldn't have done it any differently. Actually, I would have probably made more sassy side comments, because, come on, if I'm going to be accused of being sassy I should really have done it as much as possible.

What really made me laugh though was when we came out of the lesson and were running for the bus since she kept us back for a while (BTW it was raining the hardest Ive seen it rain in about a year. Great timing mother nature.) My two best friends were like "Oh, Scarlett, when she was talking to you just then, I really though you were going to go off on one!" and "Scarlett I was terrified that when she said that thing about being a bad teacher you were going to stand up and start yelling at her!" So my friends think I have rage issues. OK.


But they do agree that its not my fault. I was not to blame in this situation. Well, maybe it was my fault but she overreacted majorly.

Well, that's about it for the days festivities, so thanks for reading! Make sure to check back soon, and don't leave the Internet in case of the discovery of the unicorn (Ooh-Er!)

Byyyeee!
Scarlett
X

PS Today at school my sister was forced to write a paragraph about someone in her family that died, and draw a picture of them. Apparently, load of people started crying and it was really sad. Does anyone else think that's wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment